- Product Information
BCH manufactures a wide range of motor starters to suit every application in the field. The capacity starts from fractional horse power to 250 hp completely assembled ready to use units with built in overload and single phasing protection.
- DOL up to 30 HP
- Heavy duty 4 Pole Contactor with Wide Band Coil Voltages (190-400V, 220-240V, 380-415V)
- Encapsulated & Hermetically sealed coil
- Easy inspection & maintenance
- Contactor: The contactors used in starters are NHD and Citation. They are built to IS 13947 and have many distinctive features such as:
- High grade molding which reduces tracking and prolong operational life.
- Precision ground magnet frame and armature surfaces ensure consistent quiet operation.
- Exposed metals are treated for corrosion resistance.
- Low bounce and weld resistant contacts of silver cadmium oxide.
- Contactors can be inspected and maintained without disturbing adjacent wiring or altering contractor mounting positions.
- Coil is totally encapsulated in resin resisting moisture, corrosive atmosphere and damage while handling.
- Mechanical interlocking is provided between Star and Delta Contactors in case of Starter ratings 40HP and above.
- Overload Relay
- Overload Protection: The relay fitted in the starter protects the motor from operational overload as per relevant standards established for the protection of motors. The range of current setting on any relay is between 100% to 160% of its minimum setting.
- Single Phasing Protection: The relay offers protection against single phasing through its sensitive differential mechanism in excess of the requirements of IS specification 13947-4-1 and trips when it carries in healthy phases 0.9 times the minimum current setting, regardless of the value to which the current adjustment lever is set. Full protection is provided on single phasing under varying operational up to 50% of the full load rating of the motor. No protection is required below this value.
- Protection against unbalanced voltage: The relay allows minor imbalance in voltage conditions in the three phases within the limits motors are designed to withstand. Beyond these limits, the relay trips and protects the motor.
- Excellent temperature compensation between -100 C and +800 C (+550 C max. ambient).
- Facility for selection of either manual or automatic resetting of the trip switch.
- Snap-on cover to prevent inadvertent alteration to the setting of current adjustment or to the hand/auto lever.
- Test facility for tripping relay manually for checking of the circuit and wiring.
- Automatic Time Delay Relay
- The Time Delay Relay used in Automatic Star Delta Starter has superb repeat accuracy, gives satisfactory performance in frequent starting applications. It resets fast and the timing is not affected by variation in ambient temperature and voltage.
- Typically used for ON/OFF & Protection of Three Phase Motor Applications
- Key Specification
Manufacturer BCH Model Citation Contactor N0N Meter Included 25A Overload Relay N/A Start up Capacitor N/A Run Capacitor N/A Meter Included N/A Insulation N/A Coil Voltage 380/415V Terminal Capacity N/A Dimensions (in mm) N/A Recommended Backup Protection N/A