- Product Information
Polycab an ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001: 2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 Company, is India's No. 1 Cables
&Wires Company, with a glorious track record of over 4 decades. In an on-going process to improve Customer satisfaction, Polycab offers a variety of services:
- Commercially competitive prices
- Reliable & consistent quality
- Reliable & just in time delivery
- Product development for a changing market
- A targeted stocking policy
- Technical support for applications / projects
Selection of Cables
Power Cables are generally selected considering the application. However, following factors are important for selection of suitable cable construction required to transport electrical energy from one end to the other.
- Maximum operating voltage.
- Fault Level.
- Load to be carried
- Possible overloading duration & magnitude,
- Route length and voltage drop.
- Mode of installation considering install-lation environment such as ambient & ground temperature chemical & physical properties of soil.
- Flame retardant properties.
All sizes of POLYCAB PVC cables are designed to standard operating conditions in India and abroad. The standards adopted are considering the geographical/ climatical conditions and general applications of power for utilities, distribution and generation purposes. The cables are manufactured conforming to Indian & International cables specifications for PVC Insulated cables. Customer specific requirements can also be met.
The behavior of Electric Cables in presence of fire has been a matter of great concern to all Electrical Engineers involved in Generation, Transmission and Utilization of electric power. Normally all XLPE / PVC Cables have an outer sheath of PVC. Although PVC by itself is flame retarding, it does produce highly toxic and corrosive fumes in the event of fire.
As a matter of fact, in closed and crowded places such as power stations, subways, railways with long sections in tunnels, road tunnels, ships, hospitals, schools, hotels, cinema theatres, museums and public premises in general, besides the obvious danger represented by fire propagation, also fume toxicity and opacity are particularly important as they may cause, with equally serious consequences for human safety, suffocation intoxication and panic due to reduced visibility. properties Single Core Multi-Stranded Copper conductor, FR PVC Insulated Wires with excellent Flame Retardant properties
- Size: 75 sq.mm to 16 sq.mm
- Length: 90m
- Core: 1 Core(Unsheathed)
- Color: Red, Yellow, Blue, Black& Green
- Suitable for wiring of electrical control panels, industrial sheds, buildings etc
- Key Specification
Manufacturer PolyCab Model FR/House Gaurd Guage 24/0.2 Core 1 Core(Unsheathed) Conductor Copper Voltage Rating 1100V Current Rating (In Conduit) 6A Current Rating (Unenclosed) 7A Dimensions (in mm) N/A